A black bear has been spotted on our road. The police is warning that the bear is looking for an easy meal. To reassure Maya that there is nothing to be afraid of I looked for information on what black bears like to eat.
About 95 percent of the black bear diet is plant-based and includes roots, buds, nuts, berries, fruit, clover, dandelions, and wild oats. The remaining 5 percent of their diet consists of the larvae of ants, bees, and hornets. Black bears are relatively ineffective predators, and seldomly capture larger prey. On rare occasions, they catch fawns, moose calves, and beaver.
oops I think the black bear is not going to leave my back yard. I have most of what the ursus americanus likes.
(Maya: all your other questions can be answered here)