Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A photo from the B.C. era

Year 2000.
I remember the day this photo was taken. I was in Bangkok and it was April 13th. It was Maha Songkran Day or the day that marks the end of the old year for the Thai.
My life was about to take a 360º turn but I had no idea. On that day I had a lot of fun with Zé and Filipa (sorry Maya you were still just in my dreams) on the streets of downtown Bangkok.
I looked for this photo yesterday because I was having a Cancer Sucks day. One of those days when I would do anything to get my old self back. I even gave my seven year old permission to post here. I hope I don´t regret it when she starts writing about how messed up my GI track really is ....

The Thai celebrate Songkran (New Year) by splashing water and flour on each other (including tourists). Here are some of my photos of the "water-flour fight". I didn´t take more beacuse my camera got wet.


Filipinha (6 1/2 years)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Força Elsa

tapioca said...

estamos aqui todos com a nossa energia positiva, com os dedos cruzados.
Muitos beijinhos

tapioca said...

estás linda na foto BC mas agora continuas igualmente linda. Um espectáculo de fazer parar o trânsito. E verás que no dia 23 teremos mais excelentes notícias. Um grande xi-coração.

JV said...

Só conheço a era B.E. (before Elsa) e a era W.E. (with Elsa). Vivo há anos na era W.E. (esta foto já lhe pertence) e sei que vou continuar a viver nela por muitos mais. Um beijo imenso

Pipas said...

Então!!! Não é para desenimar agora. 2009 vai ser um ano espectacular, acredita. O tratamento já começou a dar resultados e vai dar ainda mais, vais ver. Espero-te cá este Verão para fazer estragos :-)

CmmD said...

hey! Força Elsa....the tumors are stable! these are wonderful news! don't give up, we are all with you, and we are behind you as well.
But don't you know that you also look quite beautiful with a shaved head? 2009 will be a very good year, it will.

CmmD said...

But life BC, there was no Maya!

Elsa D. said...

vcs estragam-me com mimos. Eu estou bem, juro que estou. O "C.S. day" que tive nao foi por motivo nenhum.
Beijooooooooooooos

Anonymous said...

Elsinha, espero que hoje te encontres mais animada. Leio o teu blog todos os dias, e penso em ti todos os dias. Beijinhos, Clarinha

Miguel S. said...

"(...) take a 360º turn" ? :-)

Hihihi... tu e a matemática... ;-)

Elsa D. said...

eh eh eh at least I got your attention!

Elsa D. said...

Miguel: Ai se a Helena Leão sabe desta...
me: ou a Alzira
Miguel: Foram tuas professoras, as duas?
A minha foi só a Leão...
me: espero que a Jessica ou o Rui vao contem