Monday, October 19, 2009

After the storm

Here are some photos of my garden this morning. Somehow it survived yesterday's snow storm. Can you believe that it snowed? Snow when I still have my October Garden Chores to do!
This week, before starting cycle 3 of R7112, I have to:
Prune rosebushes
Bring dahlia bulbs in (shout it you want some)
Plant Spring bulbs
Pull vegetable plants and annual flowers
Divide Irises


I know you worry when I don't post for several days but take it as good sign. All it means is that I am feeling good. Actually, I have been away from the blog for a good cause: housework. The thankless task has kept me away ;) .... At least Maya is happy. I have ironed all her clothes, sharpened all her pencils, cleaned her room..




On Friday I am going to NYC for a PET scan, CAT scan and LC scan.
I want to know who can guess what a LC scan is. ;)

It is sunny outside so I am going to prune the rosebushes now.

Aquele Abraço,

Elsa

6 comments:

Miguel S. said...

Amazing autumn colors! Can't guess what an LC scan is... :-)

Got Hope? I Do! said...

Awesome pictures ......you have a talent.

I didn't know what it was but Laparoscopic cholecystectomy Nuclear Medicine (I assume it's like contrast dye is given) and it has to do with checking the gallbladder.
I looked it up.

I am glad you are doing well.....Positive vibes your way for Friday's appointment.
Take Care

Elsa D. said...

Miguel you can´t guess??? nao acredito!

Got Hope, hihihi no it is not that lapararorororoscopy ;)
but i´ll give you a hint, I wear red shoes for LC. I am so glard Ariad is working!

Hugs

Erin said...

A Leather Coat Scan: you look real fast through Burlington Coat Factory for the perfect fall cover-up.

A Lexington-Concord Scan: they take pictures of you in a Minute while hiding in trees carrying a musket (okay, that's from our old fourth grade history book...you probably didn't learn that in Macau or Cabo Verde...)

A Lower Colon scan: Ewww!

A Lucky Coin scan: My daughter Lydia had this x-ray taken after she swallowed a nickel!

A Lucy-Charlie Brown Scan: There's a joke in here using the whole Lucy-promising-to-hold-the-football-and-then-pulling-it-away-as-soon-as-Charlie-Brown-kicks but I can't quite get it right

A Living Christmas scan: Is that a manger and some barn animals in your tummy?

A Leonard Cohen Scan: red shoes

Elsa D. said...

Erin guessed! Leonard Cohen-red shoes :)
... Leonard Cohen is going to be in New York on the 23rd.

Is he following me?

Unknown said...

tia!
I´m sara, jacinto's daughter. I miss you guys, and still remember when you took me and my sister to the children museum and Filipa was a little baby.
Your garden looks very nice, vivo e perfumado : )
a big kiss to you tio and the priminhas