Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lots of love to Viola Davis from Rhode Island College (RIC) friends

"If I can't effectively move people, then I would prefer not to [act]." -- Viola Davis


Viola Davis is the first person I know that makes it to Hollywood and has been put in the "Oscar radar" for her role on Doubt.
Tomorrow we (my friend Zazá and I) will be rooting for her. We have no doubt that the Golden Globe award for Best Supporting Actress will be hers and that the Oscar will follow.


"With a brief but heart-stopping performance in this week's period drama Doubt, actress Viola Davis (Solaris, Far From Heaven) has simultaneously put herself on Hollywood's Oscar radar and achieved what has got to be a near-impossible feat: stealing a scene from Meryl Streep. Although she's wont to modesty where the latter is concerned, Davis will un-doubt-edly remain in the minds of pundits as awards season trudges on
, especially given the film's just-announced smattering of Golden Globes nominations: a Best Supporting Actress nod for Davis, as well as nominations for writer-director John Patrick Shanley, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams and Streep ... "(more here)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to see Doubt tomorrow but I have heard that Viola's performance is Oscar-worthy. We are so proud of her and of her fighting spirit.
You go girl!Yes you can!
Zaza

Elsa D. said...

Yes She Can!

Elsa D. said...

She always could! remember her voice?

Elsa D. said...

... Zazá e a irma dela tb podia eh eh
conto no próximo post?
beijos
ok vou tomar os comprimidos

Gabby said...

I'm going to see it too!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy said...

Doubt was a great movie!!
I'm a Catholic and practically my entire education was in Catholic school. See it if you can.

Kathy