Wednesday, April 1, 2009

PI3-Kinase inhibitor


I signed a new protocol yesterday. If I am eligible after all the screening tests I start a drug called GDC-0941 on Monday. In the laboratory, this drug "inhibits a key protein called PI3-kinase that stimulates cancer cells to grow." This is a phase-one, dose-escalation study that has been going on for about a year. This means that I will be getting a higher dose than the first participants. Hopefully this is the one that will slow the growth of the stubborn tumors ;-)

7 comments:

Elsa D. said...

Quero ouvir aquela da cesaria, Mar azul! " subi mansinho, lua cheia lumiam caminho, pan bai nha terra di meu Bubista piquinino...pam bai odja nha cretcheu".....

Teresa querida, your wish is my command ;)

Elsa D. said...

P.S. Teresa 'm sunha 'm staba na Bubista ku bo. Vais ver que vai ser este ano.

tapioca said...

vai ser desta.
um GRAAAAAAAAANDE beijo

Elsa D. said...

sim, vai ser desta. Pelo menos assinei o protocolo com a minha caneta preferida.

Kathy said...

Good luck Elsa!! I have everything crossed that this will be the drug that does those stubborn tumors in.

Anonymous said...

E nós estamos aqui contigo amiga .... vai ser desta simmmmmmmmmmm e depois vamos todas de férias a Macau ...VAN TAN MIN e o CHI CHEONG FAN estão a nossa espera eheheh
beijinhos
Matilde

aubs79 said...

HI Elsa

I'm happy they are back at it at MSK...

My mom had stability with Brivanib but she's on a break to get her weight back up and some energy back. So good news and neutral news. I'll take it over the alternative...so we wait some more but we have a bit of hope to hold on to.

best to you
Aubree